Cold pressed from the fresh bergamot fruit (Citrus bergamia) that gives Earl Grey tea its distinctive flavor, Bergamot Vitality™ essential oil has a fresh, complex citrus taste that makes it the perfect addition to many summer dishes. With a distinctly tart finish, it can also liven up sugarless baked goods. The taste of the Bergamot Vitality is somewhere between a sour orange and lemon, making it a distinctive, zesty addition to seafood recipes.
Botanical Family: Rutaceae
Plant Origin: Italy, Morocco
Extraction Method: Cold pressed from the rind; also produced by vacuum distillation. Furocoumarin-free bergamot oil is specially distilled to minimize the concentration of sun-sensitizing compounds in the oil.
- Limonene (30-45%)
- Linalyl Acetate (22-36%)
- Linalol (3-15%)
- Gamma-Terpinene (6-10%)
- Beta-Pinene (5.5-9.5%)
How To Use
- Dilute 1 drop with 1 drop of carrier oil. Put in a capsule and take up to 3 times daily.
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality to a vegetarian gel capsule and take as a dietary supplement as needed.
- Several times during grilling, brush seafood with olive oil infused with a few drops of Bergamot Vitality.
- In baked goods recipes that call for citrus zest, add an unexpected twist by stirring in a drop of Bergamot Vitality for every teaspoon of zest.
- Add 1–2 drops of Bergamot Vitality oil to Blue Agave natural sweetener and drizzle the mixture over muffins and tarts.
See Bergamot Essential Oil
Same premium oil.
Different label for TOPICAL use.
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.